This desk is awesome: truly the only desk I was able to find on the market that combined all of these desirable features. I give the desk a five star rating but the service/adaptation to the North American market could improve: I was told that a American power cable would be shipped separately for some of the electric components. I received an American plug for the electric motors (sit/stand feature)but the built-in lights came with the European adapter. After following up with with customer service, they said an adapter would be shipped up to me for the lights. It has been many weeks and I still have not received the American power cable. I also added in the USB 3.0 hub to my order: same problem (it came with a European adapter). I understand these desks are made in Europe but you would think they'd be better prepared when they distribute regularly to North American customers. Either way, I was able to purchase converters on Amazon to solve the problem. The desk is fantastic and the power cable issue is just an nuisance when considering how much these things cost.
Overall not the ideal customer experience I wanted with the StudioDesk and my Enterprise Electric purchase. There were issues throughout the install. Most were handled by SD but they should not have happened on a high value product.
1.Why do you supply NON UK mains plugs for the motor controller and LEDs ...this should be a pre-requisite given Im in the UK and a 3 pin mains plug is the standard NOT the 2 pin EU type....given the cost of this unit I don't think thats an unreasonable request ?
2.Further comment after SD replied Im shocked that you suggest a convertor for the plug as I have purchased may items from the EU at a much lower - convertors are not necessarily BS approved in the UK ;-)
value and they all have come with UK 3 pin plugs. This level of attention to detail would make the buying experience so much better for the sake of maybe 5 - 6 Euro on a desk that costs 1600 Euro +
NOTE : I have since ordered the UK BS Approved leads at my expense as I do not want to run the risk of a convertor failing !
3. The install video is good but at times it would be useful to know what type of fixing is to be used ie hex bolt or cross head.... a little pop up note on the screen would add value to the installation video.
4. The black self adhesive wire clips for securing the dimmer cables were not in the kit as per install video
5. The keyboard securing strap was all stitched together and did not have the looped end as per install video. I had to unpick it and in doing so unpicked the loop
6. The velcro cable ties to secure the onboard LED light cables (secured through the rear slotted cable management mounting bracket) were not in the kit as per install video
7. The rack guides for the 3U rack in the desk did not allow my Focusrite Audio Interface to be mounted so I had to trim these down to ensure that the AI fitted corrected.
8. I had originally asked if my Fractal Audio FXIII would fit in the 3U space - I was told yes via a chat session. This is not the case - it simply won’t fit.
9. The controller that sets the height of the desk would appear to be 20 mm inaccurate. I set to 80.0 but the measurement from the top of the working surface to the floor is 78.0
10. When I removed the covering tape from the 2 end panels where the less are mounted lifted some of the silver “StudioDesk” lettering
Overall this has left a slightly sour taste in the mouth because this is a significant investment for me but there are issues that should not have happened.
I am so happy with this desk that match completely with my expectations. Thank you Studio Desk
The desk arrived on time. It was very heavy, so you need help bringing into your house and assembly. The adjustable height of the desk is very useful during long hours of recording. The lights at the ends of the table give it a nice touch. Overall, its a solid desk and its worth it!!!
Great piece of studio office wear. It’s about 6’1 in length, lights up, and goes up and down with an easy to reach button. It fit well in my home studio which is about a 10x11 room. It is very heavy. Crated it is about 350 pounds. Took 4 people about 2 hours to assemble following the instructions. The video instructions are much clearer. Go with the video, it’s on their website. The final product is simply mind blowing and worth the price!